These Terms and Conditions relate to bookings with Holiday in Alps Ltd, NOT TO OWNER MANAGED BOOKINGS . Please consult your terms and conditions provided by your Owner for those bookings. These can be found by following the links at the bottom of this page.
Terms and Conditions (Ts & Cs) for: Holiday in Alps Ltd, 86 Perrinsfield, Lechlade upon Thames, GL7 3SE, hereafter referred to as ‘Holiday in Alps’.
The terms and conditions of this document together with your booking confirmation form comprise the agreement between Holiday in Alps and all those listed on the booking form on whose behalf the group leader has signed. The contract is deemed to have been made as soon as the signed booking confirmation form is received by Holiday in Alps.
1. The group leader is responsible on behalf of all other members of the group for all matters relating to the booking.
2. "The group" refers to all persons booked to stay in the accommodation and includes any change of names to the original booking. The group size must not exceed the maximum permitted for the property as indicated on our website. Groups who exceed the size permitted for the property will be refused entry. Camper vans, caravans and tents are not permitted at a property unless agreed in writing by Holiday in Alps prior to arrival.
3. If at any time prior to the stay the group leader changes, Holiday in Alps must be notified either by email or phone by the original group leader. A new booking confirmation will be sent out to the new group leader and the new leader must ensure that they have read and understood the Ts and Cs.
4. In case of dishonoured payment the group leader will be contacted to make payment by other means, to be received by the owner within 7 days (or immediate payment if the group is due to start the holiday in less than 7 days). Failure to do this will mean automatic cancellation of the booking.
5. Holiday in Alps guarantees the price of the holiday as quoted at the time of booking. Holiday in Alps reserves the right to increase or decrease the price of unsold holidays at any time.
6. Upon placing the booking a 25% deposit is required immediately unless the arrival date falls within 8 weeks of the date of booking, in which case the full 100% is due immediately. The remaining 75% balance is due 8 weeks before your arrival date. You will be sent an automatic invoice from the online booking system for the outstanding balance. Failure to pay the balance on time will constitute cancellation and cancellation charges will become payable as detailed in paragraph 7.
7. Cancellations must be notified to Holiday in Alps in writing or email by the group leader as soon as possible. Cancellation charges will be levied as follows and are applicable from the day we receive written notification:
6 weeks or more before arrival date – loss of deposit
4-6 weeks - 50%
2-4 weeks - 75%
Less than 2 weeks - 100%
8. Due to circumstances beyond Holiday in Alps’ control, i.e. acts of God and extreme weather, it may be necessary to make alterations to a confirmed booking or to cancel the booking completely. Whilst Holiday in Alps will make every effort to ensure this does not happen, if it is unavoidable Holiday in Alps will contact the group leader as soon as possible. In this instance Holiday in Alps will endeavour to make alternative arrangements for accommodation of the same value if available, or offer a full refund of any monies paid to Holiday in Alps Ltd. No other compensation will be offered and you must ensure that you have adequate holiday insurance to cover such an event.
9. Any loss or damage wheresoever or howsoever caused or arising by the group leader or members of the group to the property, grounds and outbuildings must be paid for in full. (If you fail to bring to the attention of Holiday in Alps or the in-resort representative any damage found at the property within 24 hours of arrival, it will be assumed that you are responsible for that damage.)
On arrival a returnable damage deposit of £500 is authorised but not taken from your credit card. Any deductions will be made from the supplied card. There will be a standard £50 service fee added to the cost of any breakages for the time taken to purchase and install its replacement. There will be a £25 service charge added to the cost of the postage for any items left and required to be returned by post. Indicative charges are as follows:
£30-95 per set of lost keys or garage remote controls
For failure to leave the property in the required condition on departure a charge will be made to your card (usually £50 - £150 depending on the additonal time taken by staff). You must please dispose of all rubbish in the local rubbish and recycling points located around the town, strip all beds, and replace all furniture and items back to their original positions as you found them when you arrived.
If the accommodation is not vacated at the agreed time you will be charged for an additional day pro-rata.
10. It is up to the group leader to ensure that the self-catered accommodation is left clean and tidy on departure. If this is not the case an additional charge for unreasonable cleaning time may be deducted from the damage deposit.
11. Any damage caused to the property, grounds or outbuildings resulting in an excess over and above the damage deposit, will be payable by the group leader on behalf of the group irrespective of which person was responsible. This is to be paid to Holiday in Alps by the payment details supplied within 21 days of the group's departure.
12. Holiday in Alps has the right to terminate without notice and liability the holiday of any group member whose behaviour is considered detrimental to Holiday in Alps, it’s clients or any third party, or is such that it is likely to disrupt the enjoyment of others on holiday or cause damage to the property or any third party.
13. It is up to the group leader to ensure that each member of the party is responsible for the safety of all their own personal possessions, documents and equipment. No responsibility or liability is or will be accepted in respect of such items.
14. It is a condition of booking that your party is covered by comprehensive travel insurance. It is up to the group leader to ensure that each member of the group has all their own necessary medical and travel insurance documents to cover themselves and the rental property fully before embarking on the holiday. No responsibility is or will be accepted in respect of any such failure to insure wheresoever or howsoever arising.
15. Holiday in Alps and the property owner do not accept any liability wheresoever or howsoever arising or pay compensation for:
a) any event which the owner could not foresee or avoid. Such events include war, threat of war, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions (including flood and freezing) and fire;
b) any cancellation, loss, delay or costs wheresoever or howsoever arising or connected with adverse weather or traffic conditions, avalanche, mud slips, slides and snow conditions and the effect any of these may have on travel arrangements, accommodation and activities;
c) limitations imposed by resort authorities, ski-lifts, ski school or ski hire operators;
d) travel arrangements made by the group or on behalf of the group.
16. Holiday in Alps and the property owner do not accept any liability for personal injury or death wheresoever or howsoever arising caused to any visitor and/or any member of the group for their duration of stay. This is not intended to exclude any statutory rights the group and/or visitor may have. This agreement and any proceedings thereunder are to be governed by English Jurisdiction.
17. A person who is not a party to this contract has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this contract provided always this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from this Act.
18. For safety & insurance purposes there is a non-smoking policy in all accommodation. In addition, Holiday in Alps does not accept pets in any of its properties and entry will be refused where guests arrive with pets. No refund will be given at all in this instance.
19. Any problems and faults in the property should be reported to the local in-resort representative within a reasonable period of time (i.e. 24 hours).
20. In the unlikely event that you encounter a problem you must immediately notify the local in-resort representative who will endeavour to put things right. If the problem cannot be resolved locally and you would like to complain, please contact Holiday in Alps straightaway and we will endeavour to assist.
If you fail to follow this procedure we will have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate and rectify your complaint whilst you were in resort. Any complaints made after departure will not be considered. If you vacate the property before the end of your rental period without our authorisation you shall lose any rights to compensation.
21. Holiday in Alps Ltd and the owner cannot be held responsible for the breakdown of mechanical equipment, such as pumps, boilers, swimming pool filtration systems etc. nor for the failure of public utilities such as water, electricity, wifi and gas. Holiday in Alps Ltd nor the owner are responsible for noise and disturbance originating beyond the boundaries of the property or anything that is beyond our control.
22. We have done our best to ensure that all the description contained in our website and general descriptions are correct and accurate in accordance with the latest information available at the time of publication. We will notify you of any changes when you make your booking. The photographs featured are there to give a general impression rather than details. There may be items of furniture that have been changed or removed from the accommodation.
23. Whilst Holiday in Alps Ltd do their very best to ensure that all information and descriptions on the internet are correct and accurate in accordance with the latest information, Holiday in Alps Ltd do not always have access to other online websites. You must ensure therefore that you have read the information on the relevant page on the Holiday in Alps website for the latest information. Holiday in Alps Ltd cannot be held responsible for information posted on other websites.
24. Where wi-fi internet access is offered, this is free of charge. Neither Holiday in Alps Ltd, nor the property owner accept any liability if this is not available for all or some of the rental period, and no refund will be offered where this is the case. Occasional outages do occur due to storms or regional electrical/telecommunication problems. Any internet access is entirely the responsibity of the group leader. Where the internet has been used illegally in any way, the group leader allows Holiday in Alps Ltd to pass on the group leaders details to the relevant authority if asked to do so, and the group leader will be entirely liable for any and all fines and charges incurred by this illegal activity.
25. Holiday in Alps and the property owner are not responsible for any illness or accident occurred as a direct or indirect result of using the hot tub or sauna at those properties which have one. Usage of the hot tub/sauna is entirely at the guests own risk. All party members agree to abide fully by the user instructions in the property manual.
26 All descriptions on this website are given in good faith and believed to be correct. This is in relation to all aspects including activity pricing and information.
27. The property will be cleaned throughout at the beginning of the rental period. Additional staff could be included for an extra cost. Please give us as much notice as possible but we cannot guarantee success. We accept no responsibility for additional staff or services and the terms on which they are provided.
28. Arrival time is after 17:00. If your arrival is delayed please inform the in-resort representative specified in the arrival instructions. The accommodation must be vacated by 10:00 on the day of departure unless otherwise agreed by Holiday in Alps in writing. In the event of a late departure you will be charged for an additional day pro-rata.
29. For the avoidance of doubt in the event of any conflict the provisions of the Ts & Cs prevail.